In this tutorial I will show how to install Sailfish OS on a LG Nexus 4. This post assumes that:
- You are rooted
- You have a custom recovery (I had the latest TWRP recovery)
- You have adb, fast boot and device drivers installed on your PC.
- You have a very basic understanding how this stuff works
- You made backups (since you will lose all data)
- If you brick your device I am not responsible
Without further a do, here we go!
Installing Sailfish OS
This tutorial will show the simplest way to install Sailfish OS on a Nexus 4. So stuff like Multirom aren’t necessary. First of all, download the latest Sailfish OS port here.
After that, transfer the files to your device, using any method you are comfortable with (for example
Now, boot your device to recovery, install first the CyanogenMod zip (flash zip), and directly after that (without restarting) the Sailfishos zip. Then restart your device.
installing the zip files
Sailfish OS should boot just fine.
It should be noted, that not all of the stuff worked for me (for example Bluetooth).
For more information you should see the official site of the Sailfish OS port for the Nexus 4 here.
Sailfish OS on Nexus 4 in action.
Sailfish OS on Nexus 4 in action
This is a very nice way, to get a glimpse at Sailfish OS, without buying a dedicated phone (which are, right now, quite hard to find).