Artistic CV Martin Kaptein
Picture of Martin Kaptein pianist
Martin Kaptein (1997) finished in June 2020 his studies at the ArtEZ conservatory in the Netherlands. There he studied with professor Michail Markov and Frank van de Laar, for both of whom he is very grateful.
Martin started studying classical piano at the age of five, receiving private lessons from professor Elena Golovinskaya.
Presently, Martin is studying with professor Vitaly Samoshko for his master studies in Tilburg, The Netherlands.
Martin started participating in international piano competitions early on: In 2005 he won the first price at the “Regional Klavier Wettbewerb Jugend musiziert” in Lingen, Germany.
Other examples of piano competitions, in which Martin has participated are:
- 2010 3rd prize “International Piano Competition” in Enschede, The Netherlands
- 2012 2nd prize international EPTA competition in Belgium.
- 2012 1st prize “International piano competition virtuosi per Musica di Pianoforte” in the Czech Republic.
- 2015 1st prize in de “St. Cecilia International Pianocompetition” in Porto, Portugal.
- 2017 first price International Music festival in Loutraki, Greece
- 2017 Publieksprijs VriendenCultuurPrijs (price of public), Tilburg
- 2020 finalist Grachtenfestival in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Martin Kaptein during a performance in the city of Tilburg, The Netherlands
Martin often plays solo concerts. As an example he was invited in 2016 to host a solo concert in Portugal.
Martin also thoroughly enjoys playing in ensembles. In this context he often participates in international masterclasses and festivals, with different famous teachers and musicians:
- 2013 “International Music Festival” in Rhodos, Greece
- 2014 “International Music Academy” in Cremona, Italy
- 2015 Muziekfestival Hernen, The Netherlands
- 2016 “International Piano Festival” in Duzsniky, Poland
- 2017 “International Music Festival” in Athens, Greece
- 2019 Zomerfestival, Helvoirt, The Netherlands
Furthermore, together with his ensemble Martin won in 2019 the internal chamber music competition of the ArtEZ conservatory in Zwolle. Martin actively teaches piano to children as well as adults and likes doing that a lot.
Martin has an international background: Thanks to his mother, who has Russian roots, he can speak Russian fluently. Also, Martin successfully finished high school in Germany.